Grant Application Instructions
The Douglas County Veterans Monument Foundation (DCVMF) is proud to be able to continue service to our Douglas County Veterans through special assistance grant opportunities for those Veterans needing a hand up. Please click here to download the Veterans Grant Application.
Grant applications may be approved up to $2,000. To be eligible for consideration of a DCVMF grant, Veterans must:
1. Have been separated through an other than dishonorable discharge (the applicant must provide proof of service and discharge type. The standard issue DD-214 is the preferred method but any document issued by a respected third party government organization that validates character of service, either directly or implied, may be considered by the reviewing body for acceptance while the applicant is awaiting delivery of the DD-214, if applicable.)
2. Have a genuine need for the grant. (the following are examples of proof of need: transportation needs, medical assistance, ADA home modification assistance, prescriptions, food, rent/mortgage eviction correspondence, etc.)
3. Be a resident of Douglas County (this may be validated through documents such as utility bills, or other like documents that show mail received at residence. Mortgages and drivers licenses will not be considered as these validate ownership or past residencies but not necessarily current residence.)
Note: Grants will usually not be approved for the same veteran more than once in a life time. (A waiver may be considered in an extreme/severe emergency).
Application Filing Instructions
1. Applicants may download the grant application from DCVMF website.
2. Grant applications must be completed in full with all requested documentation. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. The applicants DD-214 and proof of county residency must accompany the grant application.
Return the completed grant application, and all of its attachments, to email@example.com or mail to:
4333 Front Street
Unit B # 433
Castle Rock, Co. 80109
A confirmation that your application has been received will be sent via email (mail if no email is available). Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted.
All questions regarding this program should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Once a complete package has been accepted, the application will be presented to the Board of Directors to determine whether or not approval or disapproval is warranted. Determination criteria for approval includes, but is not limited to: understanding the need, depth of need, urgency, etc. As multiple applications may be considered at any given moment, the board may also determine priority of review to ensure more deserving applicants receive the strongest consideration. Homeless Veterans are always at the top of the list.
Announcement of Awards
You will be notified of Grant award status within six weeks of receipt of a completed application and enclosures.
*Submission of a grant application does not in itself indicate automatic approval. Acceptance of a grant application by the DCVMF Board of Directors merely allows the board to begin a determination process of either approval or non-approval. The general six week time frame for approval begins at time of application acceptance by the DCVMF Board of Directors.